There's something you should know about me.
I am overly passionate about creating digital solutions for humans—not robots. I believe that following the user's mental model, rather than the implementation model, is key to designing effective applications that truly meet people's needs. That's why I'm always on the lookout for new, exciting ways to improve the web around me and launch innovative web applications.
As much as I love exploring new technologies and pushing boundaries, I also recognize the importance of leveraging existing solutions, standards, and battle-tested methods. When building the future, we need to be mindful of what has worked well in the past, and how we can improve upon it. That's why I'm committed to using a range of techniques and tools to deliver digital solutions that are both efficient and effective.
For me, the real power of technology lies in using standardized methods for development. I believe that when we combine our best tools, we can create new solutions that are accessible, useful, and meaningful to everyone. That's why I'm always eager to follow the latest developments and trends. I believe that by connecting services and products to one another, we can create a more seamless and interconnected digital world that benefits us all.
At the heart of everything I do is a commitment to creating human-friendly technology. I believe that the best solutions are those that help people achieve their goals within a specific context. As a web developer, I'm constantly looking for ways to make digital applications more intuitive and user-friendly. Whether I'm building a website, a social platform, or a mobile app, my goal is always to create a meaningful interaction.
Over the course of my career, I've had the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects that reflect this ambition to create human-minded technology. I'm always pushing the envelope and striving to deliver the best possible outcomes. I'm proud of the work I've done, and I believe it highlights my continuing commitment to building things people actually enjoy using.Read my background →
- Born and raised in Haarlem, The Netherlands.
- At the age of 14, I launched my first website using Yahoo Geocities while using a free .tk TLD.
- Nowadays, I enjoy building websites using Laravel and VueJS.
- In 2021, I switched to using Linux Ubuntu as a way to distance myself from big-tech solutions.
- I spent a month without a smartphone and this experience was quite positive.
- My dream is to achieve full self-sufficiency and own a farm with Highlander cows.
- I'm wary of being caught up in the rat race of modern society.
- The only person in the world with an HTML element named after.
- While I often complain about big tech, for now I still own an iPhone.
- I like to contemplate about technology, science, nature and psychology.
- After finals in high school, I was awarded the J.H. Meijerprijs.
- I enjoy hiking, swimming, LoFi and horror films.
- My default coffee order is a Flat White.
- I am a huge Doritos fan.